Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean / Little Man

(All of a sudden my blog is now a film blog.)

Rushed, you could tell by the movie poster - it's a photo of Johnny Depp with some smoke /fog action. What happened to the wonderful photoshop work from movie 1 and 2. Even the marketing campaign sucked! I saw more Spiderman 3 ads than Pirates. The movie was alright - great effects and fighting but some cheesy love shit going on with Calypso and Davy Jones. We all know she a ho and a home wrecker (like Evan Richard Wood) coz she done up Odysseus for 10 years. Calypso was played by a black woman though so I guess the interracial-ness made it hot. Also, why the hell is Keith Richards even in this? Pirates should take their time making part 4 coz there will be part 4 and it really doesn't seem that interesting. Please prove me wrong because I love Depp.


Great design.


Great design, again.


That's some bullshit art direction. What happened?

I just watched Little Man... and I've seen White Chicks. I know they're bad movies but I like dumb shit. Black comedy is brilliant and I mean it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first Pirates of the Caribbean was by far the best, not too sure about the other two, tho the special effects were great of course