Monday, May 07, 2007

Brazil / Heathers

Brazil had nothing to do with Andrienna Lima or hot sandy beaches, but it's about govenment security and unforbidden love :( The art direction reminded me of Blade Runner and Super Mario Brothers. Even Bob Hoskins, who played Mario, was in it. I used to get him confused with Danny Devito. Overall, the film was pretty tight though it should've ended a couple of times instead it went on forever.



Heathers was supposed to be Clueless and Mean Girls but it was fuck'n Columbine and Virgina Tech. The film actually had a story. I was hoping to see a bunch of hot girls going shopping and giving each other makeovers and playing matchmaker and then stealing each other boyfriends. I dig shit like that. Oh well, I still like watching the young Shannen Doherty. I reminiscence the time when channel 11, once WPIX (before WB, before CW11), and all they did was play "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" and Shannen played the quirky little sister.

No comments: