Sunday, May 11, 2008

Matt Siren & Dark Cloud, Pixar Cars, Kobe Beef

Street art is finally breaking out of boutique galleries and skateboard shops. This is a great street art show in a not so closet like space in the LES. The Woodward Gallery is showcasing works from Matt Siren and Dark Cloud with a big collection of MS collabos from various artists like Phallic Mammary, Korn, Moody, Celso, EGR, etc. The gallery also houses originals of Basquiat, Roy Lichtenstein, Claes Oldenberg, Marcel Duchamp etc. It reminds me of art history class and all the fun adventures I had with my fellow classmates.

Here's a wonderful photo taken from Insky at http://www.flickr.com/photos/insky



I finally watched Cars. Despite all the bad press, it was really funny! The car caricatures, the landscape photo realism, the reflective paint car surfaces, the everything even the sound is fantastic! It was also very diverse from mom dad mini vans, Mexican paint job car with hydraulics system, the pimped out bad ass drifting cars, the kawaii pink Japanese car with the anime eyes, the hippie dream machine with the organic fuel maaaan... This is the type of humor I live for!



Not only did I go to an awesome gallery, watched an awesome Pixar movie, I finally had awesome affordable Kobe beef. It was squishy, chewy, juicy... not stringy and doesn't get caught between my teeth. Try the the hardy meaty ax men Lodge at Williamsburg BK. It's a little bit on the expensive side but I've seen crazier prices.
http://www.lodgenyc.com/

2 comments:

XO said...

i had their chicken & dirty mashed potatoes...mmm that chit was good.

Unknown said...

Damn that steak looks good.